Retail IT Technician
Island Energy Services is searching for a Retail IT Technician to join our team! Under the general supervision of the Retail Facilities Maintenance & Safety Manager, the Retail IT Technician manages business and operational critical IT systems at COCO (Company Owned and Company Operated) and CORO (Company Owned and Retailer Operated) Retail stations for the Island Energy Services (IES) Retail Organization. Desired Competencies include proven monitoring, trouble shooting, problem resolution and downtime minimization of IT systems with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. The selected candidate is expected to have sound knowledge of cash register, security cameras, TCP IP protocols, broadband, cellular and voice communications systems, and relevant hardware and software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 1-3 years of experience supporting desktops, laptops, and printers
- 1-3 years of experience supporting networking devices (router, firewall, switch, access point)
- Experience with Fueling Systems or Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Ability to uphold to strict ethical standards: integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Ability to maintain automated and manual record keeping systems.
- Strong leadership skills and team spirit and ability to transfer it to others.
- Ability to work independently with high degree of motivation.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making critical decisions.
- Problem solving skills — the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills—remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality results.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events and able to pivot accordingly upon various scenarios.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- 2 years of Fueling systems and POS systems experience
- Gilbarco Passport certification
- Veeder Root certification
- Knowledge of Retail forecourt and backcourt
- Familiarity in PCI, DSS, EMV
- Mechanical skills and comfortable using hand tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands, hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary support for Gilbarco Passport POS (Point of Sale system: cash register and pump controls) – including firmware patching/upgrades, station customization, station manager training, and PDI-price book management.
- Primary support of Chevron network payment system (Mako systems and Acumera network) – including monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Support for Retail station ATGs (Automatic Tank Gauging system) – including design, monitoring, maintenance, and primary support for reconciliation.
- Primary support for network and communication services (broadband & cellular).
- Primary support for back office system, tablets, printers, and scanners – including design, implementation, and maintenance.
- IT hardware and software upgrades and end-user training
- Support Retail project design, planning, and implementation – including new station builds, existing station integration, technology improvement projects.
- Steward company safety, environmental, and contractor management programs
- After hours and weekend on-call support as required
- Willingness to commit to IES core values: Aloha, Lōkahi, Hoʻohano and Kīnā’ole.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Ability and willingness to travel to outer island Retail Stations.
- Currently hold or can obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines
- Willingness to stretch skillset with on-the-job and professional training.
CompensationThe starting hourly wage for this position is $30.00+ per hour, commensurate with experience. Island Energy Services offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package to include comprehensive health and welfare benefits, vacation, sick leave, 401k plus employer matching, supplemental voluntary insurance options, etc.
IES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.