Island Energy is founded on four core values that reflect who we are as a company. They define who we are and how we work together as employees, how we manage our relationships with our customers and suppliers, and how we engage with stakeholders to our business.
Kīnāʻole: Kīnā‘ole is the Hawaiian word for doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time, for the right reasons.
- It is our personal kuleana to do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, in the right place, for the right reason, with the right intention … always.
- Kīnāʻole is manifested in a relentless focus to improve, to do your best, and to continuously make yourself, your team, your company, and your business stakeholders better.
- We value the sense of self and uniqueness of each individual and the skills, knowledge, passion and experience they have to offer our company and our business.
- We value the love and respect that is shared with one another for what each person can contribute to our collective success. We recognize each other through our aloha spirit.
Lōkahi: Lōkahi is the Hawaiian word for unity.
- We work together with cooperation and unity with an underlying value and intention of aloha.
- We embrace the value of lōkahi in our relationships with our customers, suppliers and business stakeholders.
Hoʻohana: Ho‘ohana is the Hawaiian word for purposeful work.
- We work with intent, urgency and purpose to ensure our efforts are making a difference and that we are contributing to safe, reliable and financially sound operations to support our customers.
- Our passion for excellence and exceptional results is seen through the hoʻohana approach to our work.
What each of us does matters and has a measurable impact on the success of our business and the relationship with our customers.