Terminal Fuel Truck Driver
Island Energy Services is seeking a Terminal Fuel Delivery Truck Driver. Position is responsible for safe and reliable fuel truck loading, driving, and on-time delivery of product to our customers.
IES’s goal is to operate a fleet and deliver products to our customers in an incident and injury free manner. The FDTD plays a vital role in our success. Driver always has the responsibility to work safely and prevent incidents by operating the commercial vehicles in a safe professional manner. It is a general understanding that operating a commercial motor vehicle on the public road way is always a privilege and acting in a professional manner as a representative of IES Downstream is required.
The ideal candidate takes great pride in maintaining an excellent driving record, has at least 12 months and verifiable of fuel delivery experience and is very detailed oriented. The individual is self-disciplined and has the value of Kina’ole` which is to do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, in the right place, for the right reason, with the right intention. . . always. We are looking for someone who is driven, self-starter and reliable.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one-year experience as a delivery driver with a Class A CDL in good standing.
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Minimum of five years safe driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Customer Service\Communications. Ability to provide excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Strong sense of team spirit and ability to transfer it to others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Written Communication—the individual should present written work in a legible easy to understand written format.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills and programs
- Two years of experience as a fuel delivery truck driver.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Being prepared for work, well rested, clean and neat appearance, and showing up to work on time
- Reviews dispatch, retain and runout windows, checks
- Journey Plans for routes, hazards and special notes
- Conducts a Pre-Trip Inspection, documents inspection, reporting all conditions of the vehicle that requiring attention for safe operation
- Following safe loading procedures, correctly loads the tanker truck and trailer for customers
- Operates vehicle on public roadways using defensive driving techniques, and in a professional manner he/she safely maneuvers to delivery location
- Following safe unloading procedures, correctly delivers on-spec product to customer tanks and documents all required tank inventory reading
- Completes a Post-Trip Inspection, documents inspection, reporting all conditions of the vehicle that requires attention, notifies FDTS or mechanic of deficiencies found
- Maintains DOT compliance and drivers logs
- Ensures the correct Bill of Lading (BOL) matches the delivery request. Prior to delivery, FDTD is responsible for performing calculations to ensure the quantity shown will fit tank storage. Initiates communications with dispatch\Supervisor for discrepancies requiring correction. Documents tank opening/closing and product and water levels on the Bill of Lading
- Responsible for understanding and following delivery site tank locations and offloading procedures. Understands load rack procedures and policies.
- Communicates and confirms on a regular basis with dispatch to ensure that the correct product is delivered on time to customers and in the correct storage tank.
- Customer Service – Interact with customers in a professional manner and reports questions\concerns to dispatch\Supervisor expeditiously.
- Other position duties may include: attending safety meetings and driver re-certification training as required. Complete on time all other IES training as directed.
- Teamwork – Work effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words, and deeds.
- Maintain commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules. Must read, understand and follow the IES Fuel Delivery Truck Driver Manual. FDTD incumbent is accountable for actions and behavior not compliant with IES policies and procedures. Report actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel in a timely manner.
- Operating pump truck, delivering to City and County customers or any other new business customers.
- Switching trailers and hauling Jet A, transmix and other fuels.
- Maintain terminal grounds, load rack, warehouse, clean and wash the pump truck, tractor and trailer.
- Light Maintenance that may include: changing lights, wipers, tires, add oil, coolants and air.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Willingness to commit to IES core values: Kina’ole, Aloha, Lokahi , and Ho’ohano.
- Work varied shifts; including nights, weekends and holidays as required. Assignment of shift is at the discretion of Management. Seniority may be used to determine shift assignment.
- Must pass PreEmployment medical examinations, background check, and drug test.·
- Maintain all Hawaii DIP Classes, Hazwoper, OSHA, DOT certifications as required (every three years). ·
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within sixty days of hire.
- This is a safety sensitive position. Random drug testing is required. Post-accident, incident and injury events will require drug testing. post injury, incident and accident events. ·
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract. IES will require an annual DMV abstract (FDTD must submit to Supervisor).
Initial employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, drug test, criminal background check and a motor vehicle history check.
CompensationTo Be Determined
This is an hourly position
Position open until filled.
IES is an equal opportunity employer M\F\D\V\AA. Position open to US residents and
resident aliens with a valid green card only.