Tank Planner #2020-0009
Under the supervision of the IES Logistics Management, the Tank Planner is responsible for coordination with various stakeholders on planning and executing tank projects/jobs (including conversion projects, routine cleanings, seal inspections and seal replacements, external and internal inspections and all other tank integrity planning components). The Tank Planner position is oriented toward existing tanks that have been in service. Incumbent in this position must have prior progressive experience in a refinery\terminal environment directing and executing tank refurbishments.
Desired competencies include: Strong supervisory, organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and perform job functions independently and as part of a team and possess a high-level mastery of scheduling with a keen attention to detail. Ideal candidate must have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple schedules in a fast-paced environment.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to influence leadership, peers and field personnel; able to take a “hands-on” approach with team members to drive change and get results.
- Minimum of five years of experience with tank construction and operation, including tank maintenance procedures preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in cost estimating, scheduling, project management
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated field leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated safety champion with previous employers.
- Demonstrated the ability to work productively as a team member.
- Must be able to work extended hours (more than 8 hours) at a time. Occasionally works weekends.
- Must be able to life 50 – 75 pounds of equipment and meet physical requirements.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of refinery\Petro Chemical pipeline systems.
- Vehicle and Heavy Maintenance equipment experience.
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Knowledge of DOT requirements.
- Degree in construction management or similar field.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the planning of all tank related work (developing fit for purpose and comprehensive scope of work, schedule, cost, etc.)
- Manages and plans work schedule in coordination with IES and Contractors.
- Responsible for detailed plans for cleaning, inspection, mechanical repairs & coating for all tank outages
- Primary interface on tank projects with the cross functional team (inspection, engineering, operations, maintenance, contractors) to help develop scope, coordinate/organize manpower & schedule
- Responsible for ensuring all scope/execution work gets properly documented including inspection reports, contracts and agreements, and other relevant documentation used for Tank Planning.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure all tank related manpower is adequately trained.
- May on occasion create RFP documents and help lead the RFP bid process.
- As an IES Contractor Representative, responsible for managing contractors onsite.
- Supports safety and environmental compliance on all tank projects, including training IES Operations as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring planning efforts are following IES procedures, policies and OSHA\DOT regulations.
- Oversee and prioritize work of team to maintain schedule deadlines.
- Comfortable spending 50% of their time in the field overseeing the job.
- Good understanding of mechanical trades like welding, civil work, etc.
Attend project meetings and document action items.
Attend all requirement training and safety meetings.
CompensationTBD based upon experience.
FLSA status: non-exempt position.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid immigration status.
Post Date: Oct 15, 2020
Expire Date: Nov 12, 2020
Job Status: active
Job Link: https://us59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/islandenergy
IES Downstream, LLC
Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii