At Island Energy Services (IES), we are constantly looking for people who are driven to find cleaner, smarter ways to fuel our community. It is our goal to provide our customers with efficient, reliable, and high quality services. No matter where you are on your career path, Island Energy offers continued education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your opportunities.
Under the general supervision of the General Accounting and Reporting Supervisor, the Senior Accountant provides billing and general customer service functions for the Finance Department. Desired competencies include strong written and oral communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate is expected to have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Excel and Word. Prior relevant experience in refinery, manufacturing industries are preferred. SAP working knowledge is also preferred.
Education and Experience
- Three to Five years of progressively responsible experience as an accountant or auditor with experience in manufacturing or relevant fields. Proven experience in multi-tasking of work projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- SAP Experience
- FuelFacs, DTN Experience
- Willingness to commit to The Island Way (IES core values of): Kīnāʻole, Aloha, Lōkahi and Hoʻohana.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet packet and task deadlines. Willingness to maintain or increase skills
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Billing of customer sales, both for hydrocarbon and services
- Representing IES as a Customer service representative for all customers
- Generating price changes and issuing timely and accurate price notifications
- Performs balance sheet reconciliation
- Record journal entries and assist in month-end /year-end close
- Set-up customer master
- Teamwork – Works effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words, and deeds.
- Safety – Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules, and reports actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety. As a supervisor, trains, mentors and coaches employees regarding safe work practices and documentation.
- Performs a variety of special assignments in such areas Commercial group support such as report generation and routine data entry
- Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies\rules and report actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to uphold to strict ethical standards: integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Ability to maintain automated and manual record keeping systems.
- Strong sense of team spirit and ability to transfer it to others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality. Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.