Retail IT Specialist
Under the general supervision of the IT Team Lead, the Retail IT Specialist provides support for IT related systems at COCO and CORO Retail stations for the Retail Department.
Desired Competencies include proven monitoring, trouble shooting, problem resolution and downtime minimization of IT systems with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. Incumbent is expected to have sound knowledge of cash register and pump controls, security cameras, TCP IP protocols, broadband, cellular and voice communications systems, and relevant hardware and software.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5 years of experience supporting Point of Sales systems
- 3 years of experience supporting desktops, laptops, and printers
- 3 years of experience supporting networking devices (router, firewall, switch, access point)
- 3 years of experience with Veeder Root tank level monitoring systems, including program setup and TCP/IP connectivity.
- Familiarity in PCI, DSS, EMV
- Familiarity with Pin Entry Devices and TDES
- Knowledge of how retail forecourt and backcourt integrates with fuel operations
- Familiar with environmental regulations in fuel industry
- Fueling system operations knowledge
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) knowledge
- Electrical experience (low and high voltage)
- High regard to Safety
- Ability to uphold to strict ethical standards: integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Ability to maintain automated and manual record keeping systems.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Gilbarco Password certification.
- Veeder Root certification
- Contractor oversight and management
- Excellent system end-to-end troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to commit to IES core values: Aloha, Lōkahi, Ho`ohano and Kīnā`ole.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines Willingness to maintain or increase skills.
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Gilbarco Passport POS (cash register and pump controls) or similar systems from Dresser Wayne, Verifone.
- Chevron network payment transactions (Mako systems and Hughes network).
- Veeder Root TLM inventory feeds to Fuel Quest for gas load dispatching.
- Communication Services (broadband, cellular and voice).
- Hardware and Software upgrades and training.
- Setup of IT related systems at new stations.
- Assist Retail Team as needed to research/resolve issues and for special projects.
- A high degree of safety conscience
- Proficiency in troubleshooting mechanical, as well as low and high voltage systems
- Network monitoring
- On an as needed basis, work with Terminal IT staff on special projects and/or as backup.
- Perform other duties consistent with the scope of the position.
- Inventory and alarm management
- Support safety program
- Support environmental program
- Strong sense of team spirit and ability to transfer it to others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.