Retail – Customer Service Representative (Continuous Recruitment)
Island Energy Services (IES) is seeking Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to sell gasoline and convenience store products at our Texaco locations. Do you enjoy a flexible work schedule along with a great way to work in a customer service environment? IES is looking for motivated, dependable and customer friendly employees who thrive in retail environment.
Pay Range: $11.00 to $15.00 per hour based on prior experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision for employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week on a regular schedule.
- Vacation, Sick Leave and 401K for Eligible Employees
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Basic Life and ADD Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life/ADD, Critical Illness and Hospital Care Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company uniform Shirt provided
- Employee Referral Award Program
Open positions for Full/Part time at the following locations:
- Beretania Texaco – 1378 South Beretania, Honolulu, Oahu
- Kailua Texaco – 710 Kailua Road, Kailua, Oahu
- Kapolei Texaco – 91-565 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, Oahu
- Keolu Texaco – 1070 Keolu Drive, Kailua Oahu
- Kamokila Texaco – Kapolei
- Middle St Texaco – 1305 Middle St., Honolulu, Oahu
- Moanalua Texaco – 986 Valkenburgh St., Honolulu, Oahu
To apply, please click onto the job link to ADP https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ISEHI&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US . In the website click on “Sign In” to create your profile and apply to the position.
Skills and Experience Include but Not Limited to:
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercising good judgment.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only).
Previous cash handling and customer service experience.
Physical Demands Include but Not Limited To:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through cash register system. Repetitive motion withhands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception isrequired.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station innarrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generallyweighing 0-50 pounds. Use of strong chemicals.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts of 12 hours or more, asassigned.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34F.
- May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for sale of alcoholic products.
- Able to work a cash register and provide accurate change.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry or push items from 0-50lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
- Provides exceptional customer service, including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return.
- Conducts all transactions and register duties accurately, quickly and in accordance with Company guidelines and procedures.
- Performs daily station responsibilities, including cleaning duties inside and outside, prepare quality food products, and stocking of merchandise.
- Interacts and communicates effectively and productively with others.
- Support and follow established safety, security, quality, and IES’s policies, procedures, practices and programs. Provide regular and predictable attendance.
Principal Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides top quality customer service at all times and to every customer.
- Secures all funds in safe or register. Makes timely drops and maintains cash drawer at or below maximum level, in accordance with Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Performs daily station cleaning while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with company standards on carding customers for all age restricted products.
- Prepares food & drinks, cleans, stocks and maintains food prep area in compliance with health codes.(Based on location)
- Courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors, and community at large.
- Neat appearance and good personal hygiene in compliance with company image standards.
- Takes reasonable precautions and measures to protect company assets.
- Preserves the safety of self, fellow employees and all others in the work location.
- Must conduct themselves at all times, in accordance with the IES Code of Conduct.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
CompensationPay Range: $10.25 to $13.25 per hour based on prior experience
Relocation will not be considered.
IES, licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.