Retail – Car Wash Attendant
Island Energy Services (IES) is seeking Customer Car Wash Attendant who is people-oriented, self- motivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus. Do you enjoy a flexible work schedule along with a great way to work in a customer service environment? IES is looking for customer friendly employees who thrive in retail environment. Full-time and Part-time positions available.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- New Employee Retention Bonus of up to $1,000.00 during the first year of employment
- Tuition Benefit of up to $1,500.00 per semester
- Transportation Benefit of up to $70.00 per month towards Oahu Transit bus pass or Texaco gas gift card
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation and Holiday leave (FT)
- Employer Paid Medical for employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week on a regular schedule.
- Paid Life and ADD Insurance
- Paid Shift Differential
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous 401K Matching for Eligible Employees
- Attendance Awards
- Gas Card Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Voluntary Life/ADD, Critical Illness and Hospital Care Coverage
- Prior experience working in a car wash environment.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift, carry or push items from 0-50lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Provides exceptional customer service including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return. Provides top quality customer service to every customer.
- Direct cars into the wash area with a pleasant, focused, and competent attitude.
- Carry out visual inspection of vehicles to confirm their condition before sending them into the wash area
- Carry out periodic maintenance of equipment used in washing to keep them in proper working order.
- Perform cleaning of facility and ensure everything is kept in the appropriate place and organized
- Responsible for car wash supply inventory.
- Monitor operation of cleaning machines and notify Supervisor when malfunctions occur.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management
Physical Demands Include but not limited to:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Repetitive motion with hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception is required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station in narrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generally weighing 0-50 pounds. Use of strong chemicals.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as assigned.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34°F.
- May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
- Employee must adhere to the IES Code of Conduct.
- Appearance is neat and clean.
- Safety emphasis in the work location.
CompensationPay Range: $11.00 to $14.00 per hour based on prior experience
IES, licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.