Retail – Texaco Assistant Manager
Island Energy Services (IES) is seeking an Assistant Station Manager to assists the Station Manager in the overall operations of a retail facility. The Assistant Station Manager operates and leads a retail facility by providing exceptional customer service, while accurately transacting sales of fuel and merchandise, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all. IES sells gasoline and convenience products at our retail stations.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience.
Physical Demands Include but Not Limited To:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through cash register system. Repetitive motion with hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception is required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station in narrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generally weighing 0-50 pounds. Use of strong chemicals.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as as- signed.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34°F.
- May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
- Operate a motor vehicle in all local weather conditions.
- Provides exceptional customer service and ensure team does the same, including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return.
- Assists Station Manager in supervising day-to-day operation of the facility. Assumes control of station and team personnel in the Station Manager’s absence.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate to customers, colleagues, management and vendors.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and IES’s policies, procedures, practices and programs.
- Performs all duties of a Customer Service Representative.
- Provide regular and predictable attendance.
Principal Duties include but are not limited:
- Manage all matters relating to the team. Duties include recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, developing, disciplining, and performance management. Conducts employee performance evaluations at least every 6 months.
- Manage matters relating to the station. Duties include control and monitor station expenses, cash, monies and inventory, conduct mini-audits, time-sensitive computer entry, cleaning, maintenance, customer relations, competitive price surveys, adherence to compliance processes.
- Able to understand P&L and category sales reports and communicate results to Retail Team.
- Understand store scorecard and its key drivers.
- Must conduct themselves at all times, in accordance with the IES Code of Conduct.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience Include but Not Limited to:
- Previous managerial experience.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, over- night shifts, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English effectively.
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercising good judgment.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, email services, and other application software.
- Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only).
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and current automobile insurance.
CompensationCompensation to be determined.
Relocation will not be considered.
IES, licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.