Island Energy Services (IES) under the general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of capital and maintenance projects for IES.
Desired competencies include accuracy, attention to detail, proven record of risk management and in-depth knowledge of engineering reliability and processes. The ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. Incumbent is expected to have sound knowledge of maintenance and repairs, Operating Standards, and IES policies. Refinery experience is highly desirable.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Five to Eight years of project management experience in an industrial environment.
- Work experience and an understanding of reliability and maintenance principles.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Strong capability working with Microsoft Project, Primavera or other similar computer scheduling software.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Meridium/Maximo/SAP database understanding.
- Pipeline or other oil and gas/industrial experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use hands, hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb up to 100 feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This position works outside in the field in varying weather conditions.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, leads planning and execution of approved capital and sustaining work projects and delivering projects to achieve safety, schedule and budget goals.
- Prepares budget estimates and preliminary project schedules to support project approvals by the IES management.
- Communicates with, manages and coordinates in-house labor and equipment resources, engineering design resources, suppliers and contractors for the efficient execution of projects.
- Develops and manages the project budget and tracks project expenditure over the life cycle of each project. Provides monthly cost reports to management reporting forecast costs against budget. The project monthly cost reports to highlight to management, any significant forecast cost overruns, threats or opportunities as well as potential mitigations.
- Manages contractors and suppliers over the duration of the project. Maintains correspondence, documentation, logs and other controls supporting change orders for suppliers and contractors over the duration of the project.
- Leads and conducts weekly or bi-weekly project coordination meetings with key project participants. The purpose of these meetings is to efficiently disseminate timely and critical information to participants who have significant roles in executing the project work. The Project Manager is to record and track actions assigned to various parties and issue minutes of meeting immediately following each meeting to the meeting participants and others who have been assigned actions.
- Develops and manages the project CPM schedule from approval of the project through design, procurement, permitting and execution phases. Updates and develops the project schedule as new information arises that impacts the schedule completion date.
- Develops Request for Proposal packages for material and contractor services. Assist IES Procurement resources with bidding out and assessing bids for various work packages covering materials and contractor services required for the project.
- Drafts purchase order and contract order scopes of work in Maximo for award of various work packages to contractors and suppliers.
- Provides project daily, weekly and/or monthly report updates to key IES stakeholders during the project.
- Measures project performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Closes out projects (financial, resources and documentation).
- Teamwork – Works effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, complies with all safety laws and IES safety policies\rules and reports actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety.
- Perform a variety of special assignments, as requested by IES management, where project management discipline principles are beneficial.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to commit to The Island Way (IES core values of); Kina’ole, Aloha, Lokahi and Ho’ohana.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within sixty days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines.
- Willingness to maintain or increase skills.
CompensationTBD based upon experience
This is an exempt position
Position is open until filled.
IES is an equal opportunity employer M\F\D\V\AA. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.