Logistics – Administrative Assistant
Island Energy Services (IES) exists to make life better for everyone in Hawai‛i. We are proud to be a local company and a leader in the logistics and distribution of energy products through our network of terminals. IES safely and reliably operates a large distribution system across four islands consisting of six terminals.
Under the general supervision of the Site Service Lead, the Logistics Administrative Assistant (LAA) provides administrative support functions for the Island Energy Services Logistics Department. This position works at the Kapolei Terminal.
Desired competencies include: proven organizational and writing skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple project priorities within a fast-paced environment. Incumbent is expected to have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs. Prior relevant experience in refinery, manufacturing industries are preferred. Maximo experience is highly desirable.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three to Five years of progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant\coordinator.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and prioritization of work projects.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Ability to maintain automated and manual record keeping systems.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Associates Degree
- Maximo experience
- Willingness to commit to The Island Way (IES core values of): Kīnāʻole, Aloha, Lōkahi and Ho’ohana.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within sixty days of hire.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Willing to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines.
- Willingness to maintain or increase skills.
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, drug test, criminal background check and a five-year motor vehicle history check.
- This is a salaried non-exempt position under FLSA regulations.
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Team meeting, scheduling, and prep
- Provide administrative support in the production, sourcing and general distribution of information, tools, or items as directed including meeting agenda and minutes, retention/archiving of project documentation, etc.)
- Creating and managing various project reports
- Maintain and/or update Logistics webpage as directed
- Support Procurement management – ensure efficiency of office by ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies, tools, equipment as needed using Maximo
- Assists with purchase of materials and supplies; ensures products and services are delivered in a timely manner
- Assist with project inventory, tracks usage and inventory levels as required
- Double checks invoices for accuracy and requests project approval before Finance process for payment
- Assists with the management of project documentation (letters, reports, forms, etc.)
- Coordinate inspection correspondence with State\Federal Agencies
- Records retention archive of documents as directed
- Mail- Receiving, outgoing, and distributing
- Print out and assemble general work permit forms as requested
- Create PDF fillable forms and documents as directed
- Assist with maintenance database entries as requested
- Payroll assistance for maintenance personnel (input scheduled leave, input OT into payroll database, auditing of timesheets and invoices
Support As Needed
- Assist with onboarding of contractors (safety orientation, general information about IES, etc.)
- Assist with organizing travel for Operators, Craft and other Staff
- Assisting with audits, compliance reviews, and other mandatory reports.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Strong sense of team spirit and ability to transfer it to others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to uphold to strict ethical standards: integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
CompensationIsland Energy Services offers a competitive salary with qualifications and experience. Island Energy Services also offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vacation, sick leave, 401k plus employer matching, life insurance, etc.
Post Date: Dec 13, 2022
Expire Date: Dec 30, 2022
Job Status: active
Job Link: https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/islandenergy/Posting/View/302
Island Energy Services