Legal & Logistics Administrative Assistant/Document Management Coordinator #20190004
Island Energy Services is seeking an experienced senior level Administrative Assistant to support the Legal and Logistics department. This position will report directly to the VP & General Counsel and will frequently receive work direction from the VP of Logistics. Desired competencies include: proven administrative and project administration skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Must be customer service orientated. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Five to ten years as an Administrative Assistant or in similar position.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Proven experience dealing with confidential and proprietary information.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Three to five years working as a Paralegal.
- Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Retail industry background.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to (Legal):
- Managing correspondence and communications concerning legal issues with the General Counsel. Daily review and implementation of action items can include drafting reply correspondence, forwarding to outside counsel or gathering additional information from internal or external sources.
- Preparing responses to law firms regarding claims, litigation (discovery) and real estate matters as directed by the General Counsel. Responsibility will primarily consist of identifying and obtaining necessary documents and copying or scanning these documents for the response. Planning and preparing for internal and third-party meetings (preparing meeting packages by identifying and obtaining necessary documents and organizing such packages) as directed by General Counsel.
- Organizing and managing daily legal department files as well as Company internal and external legal databases. This project will be a significant part of this position’s responsibilities and will require the organization and management of all of the Company’s operational documents (i.e. real estate, commercial and procurement contracts, environmental and regulatory permits and licenses, loan and finance agreements, significant claims and litigation, corporate formation documents and other documents). Project will require developing records retention and filing procedures, guidelines and instructions and working with department and technical leads who manage these files. Certain projects will require an external database which will be provided by a third party; this position will be the primary interface with such third-party database provider and will be the Company expert on such database.
- Assisting in drafting, preparation, review and revision of commercial, procurement and corporate contracts and bid packages. Work will involve interaction with General Counsel, commercial, procurement and other departments.
- Special projects as directed by the General Counsel. Examples of such projects could be (1) organizing and assisting in the review and revision of all IES commercial contract and/or procurement contract templates; (2) preparing and organizing hard copy binders of various documents (i.e. permit correspondence or loan documents); or (3) identifying, collecting and organizing pipeline ROWs and easements in shared folder using location index.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to (Logistics):
- Recurring projects:
- Managing and administering Terminal Instruction revision program and database (35 TIs will need to be revised); project will require coordination with technical leads and experts on TI issues.
- Preparation of inspection work packages for work crews (gathering and organizing relevant drawings and inspection documents)
- Management and maintenance of HSE Equipment; acting as Parking Administrator
- Records Retention as set forth in Legal responsibilities but additional responsibilities include internal website management (posting and removing documents; updates).
- Responsible for drafting and sending/receiving letters to regulatory and government agencies on behalf of other departments (Engineering, Environmental).
- Provide back-up administrative support to Executive Assistant to CEO and other departments as needed.
TBD based upon experience
Full-time temporary to regular hire position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.
Post Date: May 30, 2019
Expire Date: Jun 13, 2019
Job Status: active
Job Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ISEHI&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
Island Energy Services, LLC