Human Resources – Payroll Coordinator #20190002
Island Energy Services is seeking a Payroll Coordinator. Desired competencies include: proven payroll experience with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Must be customer service orientated. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please click onto the job link to ADP https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ISEHI&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US . In the website click on “Sign In” to create your profile and apply to the position.
- Three to five years of experience with processing payroll using an HRIS system.
- Knowledge of Hawaii wage and hour laws.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- This position is considered safety sensitive
- Software experience (ADP, Ceridian, comparable payroll software)
- Experience processing payroll for Union represented employees
- Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Retail industry background
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process payroll for 130 employees (bi-weekly) and 60+ employees (weekly). Ensure that payroll computing, withholding and deductions are done correctly. Prepare various payroll reports for departments (vacation and sick leave, monthly reports for Finance and Operations).
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of employee work schedules (salaried and hourly). Verifies pay rates and ensures supervisor timesheet approvals are correct.
- Processing of manual checks such as terminations and discrepancies.
- Manage garnishment, liens and other payroll deductions as required by law.
- Ensure union dues are calculated correctly and pay rates are updated per Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Research and resolve questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as paid or un-paid leave, banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes.
- Responsible for 401K tracking of employee\employer contributions in compliance with annual contribution ceiling limits. Verify 401K contributions are transmitted correctly and in a timely manner.
- Interface regularly with ADP on a variety of payroll issues.
- Process special payrolls including the annual bonus and year-end adjustment payrolls.
- Assist Finance department with payroll compliance reporting (audits, annual reports and requests for payroll information).
- Assist Finance with Accounts Payable database and inquiries.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
CompensationTBD based upon experience
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.