Fleet Scheduler and HTT Terminal Specialist
IES Downstream, LLC is the leading provider of on spec, on time delivery of all petroleum fuel products across the Hawaiian Islands. We move petroleum fuels via truck, barge, ship and pipelines in and out of terminals across five islands. We operate our own fleet and contract with 3rd party barge and trucking companies to transport fuel across the supply chain including our Proprietary Terminals, Customers Terminals, Proprietary Stations and Customer Stations.
Specifically, the Fleet Scheduler and HTT Terminal Specialist primary job functions include:
- Dispatcher – responsible for all station’s inventory, reconciles station’s sales along with deliveries and then forecasts future deliveries to arrive before runouts. These critical functions and job tasks must happen 7 days a week and extend out to 5 terminals across the 4 islands: Oahu, Kauai, Maui and The Fleet Scheduler and HTT Terminal Specialist is typically the first phone call for drivers and stations (our customers). This person is expected to work independently, evaluate for relevant information and use good judgement in making their decision. This position owner will become the subject matter expert in all dispatching software including but not limited to; FuelQuest, ForeSite, and FuelFACS.
- Attend to the daily needs of the Honolulu Terminal Transportation (HTT) from Work Permitting, to scheduling and support light maintenance work to warehouse organization.
- Is expected to analyze and update Terminal Stock Control, Fuel Hauling Costs, and Additive Injection Rates meeting EPA requirements, to do this the Fleet Scheduler and HTT Terminal Specialist must be organized, have great attention to detail, and accuracy in their work.
- Responsible to ensure there is always sufficient stock of fuel additives stored at each facility and replenishment ordering is completed before runout.
As the Fleet Scheduler and HTT Terminal Specialist you are expected to carry a Company issued phone to assist with customers and employees concerns. Troubleshoot, analyze, and respond to daily ongoing issues in a timely manner. Incumbent is also expected to look for cost efficient methods of safely transporting petroleum fuel products.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- Position requires an individual who is flexible, organized, and a team player.
- We are a 24/7, 365 day a year operation. While the role works a 5/40 schedule, the incumbent must be able to respond, as needed, to work requirements including weekends, holidays and off-hour calls in a shared manner with other employees trained on dispatch duties.
- Must be able to perform under pressure of time constraints and multitask.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to communicate at various levels within the organization.
- Customer focused with a caring and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
- Willingness to wear PPE requirements such as safety glasses, steel toe boots, gloves, long pants
- High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Ability to learn to driver a forklift and received shipped materials.
- Valid Driver License and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Two plus years Dispatching experience preferred, or equivalent experience in understanding reconciling and forecasting gas station inventory or supply chain and logistics operations and processes.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers and contractors, as well as internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, able to create pivot tables,
- Hazardous Materials Shipping Certification
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Daily reconciles gas station’s inventory, forecasts future deliveries, creates AM and PM Shift dispatches, of petroleum products to our stations and customers. Manages all aspects that may impact timely delivery to our customers.
- Is the single point of contact for truck loading rack outages and shutdowns, able to adjust original plans and redispatch fuel hauling preventing run-outs. Coordinates all fuel hauling under extreme pressure situations e.g., natural disasters and hurricanes.
- Monitors emails and phone calls and works quickly to resolve issues from drivers, stations, and customers. Investigates shipping and delivery errors or delays. Interacts regularly with customers, Haulers and Retail Account Managers to monitor and manage operational issues or concerns.
- Maintains databases such as future loads, dispatches, short loads, and freight hauling rates. Routinely monitors, updates and refreshes database tools to increase efficiencies and lower operating costs. Maintains logistics records in accordance with corporate policies.
- Hosts the New to IES Driver Training Classes. Assists with the explanation and enforcement of IES standards, procedures, governmental requirements and IES policies with Third Party Contractors. Ability to learn how to safely load a tanker truck and coach drivers on expected behavior and to follow procedures.
- Learns the process and safe procedures of the Honolulu Terminal Transportation (HTT). Reports any unsafe or hazardous condition and initiates corrective action. Ensures safe evacuation of facility in an emergency situation. Can respond to and direct emergency actions at HTT load rack.
- Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, complies with all safety rules/laws and IES safety policies and reports actual and potential safety violations to Terminal Manager to further IES core value of safety.
- Investigates incidents utilizing the IES Incident Investigation Process.
- Fleet Cost Analysis – Analyzes and monitors industry standards, trends and practices to identify opportunities in hauling execution. Tracking actual trucking utilization and expenses, identifies cost saving measures. Performs evaluations of all Fleet costs and providing recommendations to optimize fleet while maintaining safe and reliable hauling services.
- Provides an active / supportive role in HTT operator tasks such as trouble shooting, permitting work, LOTO, VRU maintenance, and filter changes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent physical requirements are:
- This position frequently works in an outdoor environment under various weather conditions including but not limited to, rain, wind, sunlight, heat, changes in temperature and strong odors.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven
- Ability to operate and use all equipment as necessary. Vision and depth perception are required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist and kneel in narrow spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as as
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, drug test, criminal background check and a five-year motor vehicle history check. This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
Compensation• Competitive Pay & Benefit Package
• FLSA status: Exempt / Salary position
• Relocation package available.
IES is an equal opportunity employer M\F\D\V\AA. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.