Fixed Equipment Inspector – #20200010
Island Energy Services is seeking an experienced Equipment Inspector. The primary duty of the Equipment Inspector is to insure the safe and reliable operating condition of fixed equipment through scheduled inspections and guidance on high quality repairs that meet corporate and code requirements. The position requires an individual with a strong process and reliability background and demonstrated leadership abilities. There will be intermittent travel and work hours on nights and weekends based on refinery needs. The position will report to the Integrity Team Lead.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience and must be technically competent and knowledgeable in the application of the current inspection codes.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) API-653 and API 570 certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Drivers’ license from state of residence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including work, Excel, and the inclusion of digital photographs for use in the repair recommendations and reporting is required.
- Must be Self-motivated
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a positive team-oriented approach
- Must pass background and drug and alcohol screen.
- Must be willing to travel to the Neighbor island terminals.
- Documentation of related work experience
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must have a high level of familiarity with the inspection activities associated with above ground storage tanks per API 653. (E)
- Familiarity with IFR/EFR seal inspection requirements (P)
- Perform visual inspection of terminal / process piping per API 570. (E)
- Ability to write detailed inspection reports with code references as needed (E)
- High familiarity with P&ID’s and the ability to create / edit field isometric drawings. (E)
- Familiarity with NDE techniques and ability to coordinate NDE technicians and review reports (E)
- Properly interpret regulations, codes and industry standards (E)
- Ability to operate camera (E)
- Familiar working with an IDMS (inspection database management system) software. (E)
- Familiar with CMMS (Maximo) (P)
- Detail oriented and capable of provide comprehensive recommendations and approving repairs as well as performing QA/QC duties of the completed work. (E)
- Familiar with coating system installations and application requirements (P)
- High proficiency with Microsoft office, word and excel. (E)
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are being followed. (E)
- Key team member of a cross functional team (E)
- Must have strong oral and written communication and team skills (E)
- Must be able to work both in an office environment and outside for extended periods of time (E)
- Must be able to climb ladders, work at elevation on scaffolds and manlifts. (E)
(E) = Essential
(P) = Preferred
CompensationTBD based upon experience.
Relocation package is available.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.
Post Date: Oct 15, 2020
Expire Date: Nov 12, 2020
Job Status: active
Job Link: https://us59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/islandenergy
IES Downstream, LLC
Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii