Customer Service Representative – Waiakamilo Texaco
At Island Energy Services (IES), we are constantly looking for people who are driven to find cleaner, smarter ways to fuel our community. It is our goal to provide our customers with efficient, reliable, and high-quality services. No matter where you are on your career path, Island Energy offers continued education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your opportunities.
Retail – Customer Service Representative
- Waiakamilo Texaco – 909 Waiakamilo Rd., Honolulu 96817
- New Employee Retention Bonus of up to $1,500.00 during the first year of employment (depending on location)
- Tuition Benefit of up to $1,500.00 per semester
- Transportation Benefit of $70.00
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation and Holiday leave (FT)
- Employer Paid Medical for employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week on a regular schedule
- Paid Life and ADD Insurance
- Paid Shift Differential
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous 401K Matching for Eligible Employees
- Attendance Awards
- Gas Card Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Voluntary Life/ADD, Critical Illness and Hospital Care Coverage
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for sale of alcoholic products.
- Able to work a cash register and provide accurate change.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry or push items from 0-50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
Principal Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide top quality customer service to every customer.
- Perform cashier functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform daily station cleaning while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Prepare food & drinks, cleans, stocks and maintains food prep area in compliance with health codes. (Based on location)
- Stock and replace hot and cold products.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Physical Demands Include but not limited to:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through cash register system. Repetitive motion with hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception is required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station in narrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generally weighing 0-50 pounds. Use of strong chemicals.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts, as assigned.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34°F.
- May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
Skills and Experience Include but not limited to:
- Full-time and part-time positions available.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercising good judgment.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only).
CompensationPay Range: $14.00 and up per hour based on experience
Island Energy Services, licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity, at-will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.