Area Maintenance Engineer #20190007b
The Area Maintenance Engineer (AME) provides technical support to the operating units, addresses short-term reliability issues, participates in incident investigations and supports the implementation of long term reliability plans and liaises with Designs Engineers on capital and plant expense projects. The AME recognizes the correlation between Asset Reliability and Lost Profits and over time moves from run and maintain engineers to reliability engineers. The AME focuses on both Mechanical Integrity and Operational Integrity as key performance drivers.
To apply, please click onto the job link to the right
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical or Materials Engineering).
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance/reliability engineer in a plant environment.
- Strong understanding of reliability and maintenance principles.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards – API, ASME, etc.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and cost conscious.
- Willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to completion.
- Willing to work in a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Process Safety Management (PSM) background, with emphasis on Mechanical Integrity.
- Meridium/Maximo/SAP database understanding.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to influence leadership, peers and field personnel; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to drive change and get results.
- Pipeline engineering experience.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical design and issue work instructions and construction packages for implementation.
- Monitor operation of equipment and provide technical support in assigned areas on a routine basis and address emerging issues – piping and tanks.
- Lead Project work as project manager on bigger Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Provide technical support for all emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition.
- Performance and operation; identify causes of unreliability and propose solutions to meet site goals.
- Support Inspections by providing analysis of Inspection data and recommending changes to inspection frequencies and monitoring. Identify cost savings opportunities for assigned areas.
- Provide mechanical design review on the Front End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to insure that final product meets site philosophy.
- Participate in or lead unit incident investigations and formal root cause failure analyses.
- Identify tank scope for assigned areas.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for MOC’s and unit revalidations.
- Trend equipment reliability in assigned area.
- Adhere to the MOC process for field/shop modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Assist with training Operation personnel on modifications to equipment.
- Work with operations, production planning, Inspections and maintenance to identify opportunities for implementation of problem solutions and removal of threats to reliability.
- Understand how the work of the Reliability Team affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Uphold IES’ commitment to health, safety, and security. Support your area to uphold IES’ HSSE policies.
Compensation• TBD based upon experience.
• Relocation package.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.