IES is currently seeking an Accountant to join our team. Under the general supervision of the Inventory Accounting Supervisor, the Accountant provides inventory control and support functions for the Finance Department. Desired competencies include: proven accounting, technical, and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. Incumbent is expected to have sound knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite programs. Prior relevant experience in the energy industry and SAP accounting environment is strongly preferred.
Education and Experience
- Three to Five years of progressively responsible experience as an inventory accountant or auditor with experience in manufacturing or other relevant fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- SAP preferred
- Must be able to qualify for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Ability to uphold to strict ethical standards: integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading
- Ability to maintain automated and manual record keeping systems
- Teamwork – Works effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words, and deeds.
- Safety – Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules, and reports actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety.
- Willingness to commit to The Island Way (IES core values of): Aloha, Lōkahi, Hoʻohana and Kīnāʻole.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within sixty days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines.
- Willingness to maintain or increase skills.
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs terminal reconciliations – Account for finished product inventory, receipts, sales, and transfer volumes daily.
- Maintains inventory record in SAP.
- Ensure inventory control by preparing monitoring reports with adequate documentation.
- Coordinate with operations to investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliation, record journal entries and assist in month-end/ year-end
- Prepares inventory reports in compliance with intermediation reporting requirements.
- Enter logistic billings and maintain revenue records.
- Prepare and submit government reports pertaining to inventory area on a timely basis.
- As needed, performs tasks to serve as backup for other staff in their absence. Tasks may include: audit support, internal auditing, specialty report preparation.
- Performs a variety of special assignments in such areas including inventory purchases / receipts, helping with audits, and government reporting.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the scope of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands, hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
CompensationIsland Energy Services offers a competitive salary that commensurate with qualifications and experience. The hiring salary range for this position is $78,000 to $101,000. IES also offers a generous benefits package to include comprehensive health and welfare benefits, vacation, sick leave, 401k plus employer matching, supplemental voluntary insurance options, etc.
Position is open until filled. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only. IES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Post Date: May 23, 2023
Job Status: active
Job Link: https://us231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/islandenergy/Posting/View/770
Island Energy Services