Under the general supervision of the Inventory Accounting Supervisor, the Accountant prepares terminal reporting and other special reports for terminal customers and performs Kapolei Terminal inventory analysis. The Accountant also provides inventory control and support functions for the Finance Department.
Desired competencies include: proven accounting skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must be reliable and extremely trustworthy with the ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records, as well as able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self-starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment. Incumbent is expected to have sound knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite programs. Prior relevant experience in the energy industry and SAP accounting environment is strongly preferred.
To apply online, please click on the job link listed to the right of this page.
- At least five years of progressive experience as an accountant or an auditor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- SAP software
- Government report preparation and filing.
- Willingness to commit to The Island Way (IES core values of); Kina’ole, Aloha, Lokahi and Ho’ohana.
- Pass background check including periodic job-related physical abilities testing as required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and random drug testing is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within sixty days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Willingness to devote the time as needed to meet project and task deadlines.
- Willingness to maintain or increase skills.
- Performs yield accounting and reporting for Par West (Operator of the Refinery adjacent to Kapolei tank farm and a current terminalling customer).
- Performs terminal reconciliations – Account for finished product inventory, receipts, sales, and transfer volumes daily.
- Coordinate with operations to investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Maintains inventory record in SAP.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliation, record journal entries and assist in month-end/ year-end close
- Validate inventory purchase term and invoices
- Being point of contact with supplier / customer
- Special reports as assigned
- Teamwork – Works effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words, and deeds.
- Safety – Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules, and reports actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety.
- As needed, performs tasks to serve as backup for other staff in their absence. Tasks may include audit support, internal auditing, specialty report preparation.
- Perform other duties consistent with the scope of the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands, hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
CompensationTBD based upon experience
This is an exempt position
Position is open until filled.
IES is an equal opportunity employer M\F\D\V\AA. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.